Sunday, November 8, 2015

What I finished yesterday .....

This is silk gauze that I attempted to dye black with Winton food dyes. I have had great success dying wool with these dyes but not so much silk. As you can see it turned out purplish. I am trying to play with the way the silk puckers depending on the way the wool shrinks. This was the layout.



The finished scarf - very fluffy like


 Close up detail 

Saturday, November 7, 2015

What was on my table last week....

Koolaid dyed silk gauze with merino/bamboo blend. I started out with this but then removed some of the strands to add more pucker. I was working with a shorter piece of silk gauze  and wanted it to shrink width wise and not length wise.

I layed the strands so they went off the edges then trimmed as needed 



The final piece