Wednesday, February 18, 2015

6 x 6 mounting and new label test

I made a few 6 x 6 pieces for the Rochester Contemporary Art 6 x 6 art show. Its a fund raiser where they sell pieces of art mounted on a 6 x 6 board.  I thought it would help get me back into being creative since I moved.

A few months ago I had my friend Lori design me a logo, which I love. I used the logo to have a stamp made. I use  black acrylic paint with the stamp.
I then stamped it onto silk I had dyed awhile back and heat set it with an iron

I cut out the logo and burned the edges to seal it and prevent unraveling

Then I glued the silk to the back of the piece

Mounted the hook part of some velcro onto some pieces of mat board I got today at the Village
Frame Shoppe. The owner was very nice and cut me some 6 x 6 inch pieces from scrap board she
had laying around. I would definitely take something to her to be framed if I was going to frame something. 

I press the piece on to the velcro and it holds it quite nicely. No special mounting required.
I will need to sign the board on the back as well.
These two pieces are inspired by winter. All I see from my window right now is snow and brown trees.
This one is wet felted

This one is wet felted and needle felted using locks, homespun yarn on a prefelted base.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lin;
    I'm thrilled to have purchased this at the Rochester Contemporary Art Center! I love it so!!!! I have it on my piano music holder right now, living with it for a while, just trying to find the perfect place to highlight your beautiful piece! Thanks so much for making it and parting with it!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! I rarely hear back from people who purchase my art so I am thrilled that you like it. Lin

      Delete