Sunday, January 20, 2013

White wool coat in progress and a scarf

Quite some time ago I started a short wool coat, based on what I learned last spring in a class with Charity in Massachusetts.  I did quite a bit of work on it but then stopped.  It still needs to be fulled and shaped a bit more, however, am hoping to be able to work on it soon.



In the meantime I decided to make an experimental scarf.  So I took a white prefelt and cut it to size, lay out scraps of silk fabric, tencel and merino on top and felted it. This is called "Red right returning".  For those who may not know the red buoy is kept on your right when returning from the sea. (I am really missing being on the water lately.)  I think I want to try this again, but not use a prefelt and just lay the silk, tencel and wool out randomly.  It is soooo much nicer having the outlets that I needed so I can play music, heat water, use the spinner and have something rolling if I need to.  Now I just need to find more time to play with my wool.

I do have a felting play date set with Heather next weekend and I can hardly wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment