Monday, December 26, 2011

Art in our house

My daughter is a very talented young woman and is working hard on her art. She is hoping to get into Rhode Island School of design, and I hope she does also.

Sometimes its hard living with an artist when you are in a small house and both want to create at the same time. I cannot sew when she is drawing because we both need the kitchen table. Since her work is homework and needed for portfolio, I let her draw.

 She was always easy to entertain as I could carry crayons or a pencil and paper with me everywhere and she would draw happily. She still draws happily, and often I come across objects in the house with drawings. Recently the lids of the creamer in the fridge had faces.

Tonight it was "meat face" drawn with a fork on the plastic covering of defrosting meat. Temporary artwork.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha...very creative! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter has astounded me with her ability since she was little. And we ate meatface last night and it tasted wonderful

    ReplyDelete