Thursday, September 1, 2011

Exciting things in my future

I talked to my girlfriend Lori today in North Carolina and we are collaborating on a felt-pottery piece.
 Lori is an awesome artist and I cannot wait to see if our idea comes to fruition.  That's all I can say on that for now.


In a few weeks I will be going to Michigan to the Creative Felt Gathering and taking workshops with Elis who I am so looking forward to meeting. I just love the giant felt viking ship she has done and her current Burrows Project. Just awesome.
Chad will also be there as well as a few other teachers that I cannot remember right now. A week of felt immersion. Yahoo.

In October I am taking a day class with my wonderfully talented daughter Julia and we are learning Mono-Type from Stephanie Nadolski
http://stephanienadolski.com/
Her work is very beautiful and I am wondering how I can incorporate this into my felt work.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that you will be attending the CFG this year!! It's funny that we live close to one another, but will only finally meet in Michigan! :)

    ReplyDelete